Sunday, October 11, 2026

Review: Witchboard 2: The Devil's Doorway (1993)



Review: Witchboard 2: The Devil’s Doorway (1993)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog…

This time I’m reviewing the sequel to Keven S Tenney’s iconic horror film. Does this film live up to the name Witchboard?

I had waited years for Kevin Tenney to return to the world of Witchboard and give us the sequel we’ve been waiting for.

Though being pleasantly surprised with Tenney’s not sequel Witch Trap I still wanted to see the sequel.

And,b then rather than the sequel Tenney went on to so the psychological film Pinochios’s Revenge. I enjoyed the film but was disappointed and began to think Tenney had moved on.

Then in 1982 I saw an article in Fangoria that Tenney finally doing Witchboard 2. I was excited. I watched the trailer and was intrigued.

Then I finally rented the video when it came out. I was horribly disappointed. This film bore no resemblance to being a film by the director of Witch Board. The Tenney style just wasn’t  there.

The color palet and choices of angle didn’t  feel like witch Board. There were even special FX that didn’t scream Witchboard.

The acting and performances were ok.

But pretty much this film basically screaned run of the milk Ouija Board film and nothing iconic like the original Witchboard.

They tried to put in ab excentric caught in the 60s landlady, but she was no Zarabeth or O’hay.

While I was watching this mess of a film I asked myself, is this what I waited for? The answer was hell no. And like my fellow movie reviewer Jeremy Jauns I finished this film and forgot it until I got the idea of reviewing these early Kevin Tenney films. But after rewatching this film I reeperienced all the reasons I wanted to forget it.

I will always love Witchboard, but this pieces of DOGSHIT I just want to forget, much like I do the Witchboard remake.

Keep on creepin’, Horror Bob’s Blog…