Friday, July 31, 2026

Review: Project Hail Mary (2026)


Review: Project hail Mary

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s blog

Well this time I have the extreme pleasure of reviewing a film adaptation of the second book that the author who wrote the iconic Cyber Punk novel Necromancer did.

Now I have to tell you that this film is in league of science fiction as 2001 A Space Oddascy , The Marcian, and, of course Silent Running. In fact this film really reminds me of silent Running, which shars the fact the Bruce Dern spends most of the film alone. But the difference is the main character Dr Ryland Grace, played by Ryan Gosling, is trying to save the world because our sun is dying along with a bunch of other. Grace is also joined by an alien rock creature who is on a similar mission for his people.

The real set piece in this film is Gosling’s performance which is eccentric while being emotion. He connects with the audience right away and you instantly care about him. Also, the fact that Gosling must play against a alien rock creature puppet makes his performance even more astounding. It readily reminds me of Bruce Derns performance. This is not easy, people.

Production wise this film is outstanding. The sets and FX really scream this is a special film that is one on a million.

I really can’t  say much more except if you like good honest sci Fi like the films I mentioned before you will adore this film. This film compared to you everyday sci Fi film is the difference between a cube steak and a prime rib. It is worlds apart for most of the stuff out there. And I have to say this film is AWESOMTACULAR.

Ibthing Bruce Dern would love this film…

Though I’m  saddened to say this incredible example of truly great science fiction is being ignored by all the science fiction awards as well as the academy. This is because the genre of both science fiction and fantasy has been polluted by social political elements. So, because the story was written by a heterosexual white man and the production has no LGPBQ actors in it and has no racial characters in main roles, except an Asian guy for two minutes. So, this means because of new rules for the awards this film is not eligible, which is total bullshit. I fucking hate this crap. Give me a fucking break. You can quote me on this, because a great film is being denied it’s accolaid because of social political bullshit.

Keep on creakin’, Horror Bob’s Blog ..