Review: Spirit (1985)
By William Pattison
For Horror Bob’s Blog.
This time I got a demon house film staring Eric Estrata. Do
I need to say more?
This film is bad and it is a sad reminder of how low the career
of a former star of Chips can go.
This film also stars Brinke Stevens and former Count Yorga and
Count Yorga Returns star Robert Quarry. Quarry couldn’t save this film. If
anything it is sad what happened to the man who nearly dethrowned Vincent Price
as the King of American International Pictures.
From a rather lack luster script to when the ultimate evil
is revealed it is a guy in a cheap skull mask with laughable FX to give him
glowing eyes.
This film is an example of how not to do a demonically
haunted house movie.
Even after fifty years between viewings I still consider
this film DOG SHIT. This is far from a film I cherished watching. Still, it is
not even close to the trauma indusing nightmare that was Stephen King’s Dreamcatcher. Yep, this turd is better than
that.
You want to prove me wrong? This film is on Tubi TV. If you like pain, enjoy…
Keep on Creepin’, Horror Bob’s Blog…