Saturday, August 22, 2026

Review: Mortal Combat 2 (2026)




Review: Mortal Combat 2(2026)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog

This time I got a review of the sequel to the lacking remake of the original Mortal Combat movie. May the pain begin…

Kitana struggles beneath Shao Kahn's control as Earthrealm's defenders prepare for a deadly tournament that threatens multiple realms. Lord Raiden and Sonya Blade gather fighters including Liu Kang, Cole Young, and Johnny Cage to challenge Outworld's growing power. As alliances shift and ancient forces return, the champions face overwhelming enemies, dangerous magic, and personal conflicts that test their loyalty. The battle for Earthrealm becomes a fight between freedom and domination, with warriors forced to discover what they are willing to sacrifice.

Though I have to say this film is better than the sequel to the original Mortal Combat movie, Mortal Combat Apocalyse. That film was a horrifying mess and was an insult to the original. This film is just boring and the fighting sucks.

The the only person in this film that stands out and is worth watching is Carl Urban as Johnney Cage. Urban is wasted in this film. He gives his all but this film doesn’t  have the juice. He is the best Johnney Cage in any of the films, unfortunately.

The original had some of the best martial arts action on film, but this film barely has a pulse. It tries but fails. I was dozing off watching this shit, and I’m  a huge Mortal Combat fan.

So, with that said, I need to close the lid on the coffin. In my humble opinion as a reviewer of over twenty-five years and a fan of Mortal Combat I say that this film is DOG SHIT. Better than the original sequel to Mortal Combat, but still DOGSHIT!!!!

Keep on Creepin’ , Horror Bob’s Blog…