Sunday, August 23, 2026

Review: Imaginary (2026)


Review: Imaginary (2024)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog

This time I’m reviewing a film about a demonic teddy bear…

When Jessica moves back into her childhood home with her family, her youngest stepdaughter, Alice, finds a stuffed bear named Chauncey. As Alice's behavior becomes more and more concerning, Jessica intervenes only to realize that Chauncey is much more than the stuffed toy bear she believed him to be.

Ok, people, I had been waiting to see this film after I saw the trailer two years ago.So I was so happy when I found it available on Tubi TV. Of course, then I watched this…

Ok, let’s  start the pain. Both the trailer and the poster make this look like the bear itself was going to be the big a big deal in the film, like Teddy Anabelle. Nope. The fucking bear is barely in it. Things happen but the bamn bear just sits there looking cute and cuddly. The fucking thing has a music box in it that plays a sickly sweet tune. Come on people. I want a demonic scare bear nut fluffy the boring demon bear. The thing doesn’t  even move or make faces. At the end they have a horrible, and not in the good way, monster bear at a distance down a hall, but that is it. SHIT!!!

Then the little girl in this film is a HORRIBLE actress. When she cries in the film you immediately cringe and shout out fake. Also the girl acts like she is trying to remember lines…Oh, God, save me.

Worse yet this film was made during the WOKE epidemic and it royally suffers from it. You got a white, English, dad with two white daughters and a black stepmother. The black step mother gets most of the scenes. Oh, and the demon resurrects the girls dead mother and I swear they purposely hired a woman who looks exactly like the evil stepmother from Snow White. This woman was scary.

And on top of all this most of this film is boring and annoying. It is only during the last twenty minutes that this film actually get interesting, when the little girl gets stole by the demon and stepmother and sister has to go into the teddy bear’s world to save the annoying little girl. This is were we get freaky stuff and Fluffy the CGI monster bear. This part was somewhat entertaining, but reminded me of something from a Freddy Krueger movie…so ALREDDY SEEN THAT!!! So, not placidated…YOU LOSE!!!

To put it simply, this film was a lot of promise and no delivery. So you know my answer to if I recommend this film??? Fuck no!!!

Keep on Creepin’ , Horror Bob’s Blog.