Sunday, August 30, 2026

Review: Obsession (2026)




Review: Obssession (2025)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog

This time I got a freaky film from Blumhouse about a guy who wants his crush to love and he ends up getting his wish in horrifying spades…

After breaking the mysterious "One Wish Willow" to win his crush's heart, a hopeless romantic finds himself getting exactly what he asked for but soon discovers that some desires come at a dark, sinister price.

Now let me start by saying that Blumehouse has come out with a lot of freaky shit over the years, but this one take the prize for freakyness.

This film takes the dream of finding a love spell and twists it into insanity. I’ve  seen many takes on this theme before…The episode of Buffy where Zandor tried to put a live spell on Cordillia and ends up having every woman in town obsessively lusting after him including Buffy and her mother. But that must bow to this film.

This film doesn’t  have the look nor feel of a Blumehouse film. For one thing this film has no humor in it. Also this color scheme and music feels more like something from the 80s or early 90s. This film gets royally dark and nasty.

I have to give a great amoount of acalades to Andi Navarette, who gives a psychotically freaky performance of a girl cursed with the love spell from hell. This girl deserves an award for the how truly scary she was. She was royally the obsessed, clinging, girlfriend of nightmares.

Also I have to give cudos to  Michael  Johnston as Bear, the Romeo who made a big boo boo…a serious one.

This film takes the idea of the crazy girlfriend and puts it on acid. I was constantly going, “You’re not going that way..” and guess what?

I can honestly say this film is the nastiest film to come out of Blumehouse period.

This film is a must see, I can say no more than that…

Keep on Creepin’ , Horror Bob’s Blog…