Friday, August 28, 2026

Review: The Bride! (2026)




Review: The Bride! (2026)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog.

Ok, this time I’ve finally got a chance to see the remake of the 80s horror film The Bride.

Chicago, 1936. Bearing the scars of defiance on his freakishly strong body,The Frankenstein Monster feels tired of dodging bullets and escaping the mob. Now, the man on the run is desperate for connection and a soulmate to share the burden of existence. And the brilliant Dr Euphronius must deliver, like it or not. After all, the blasphemous goal may sound impossible, but it has happened before. However, as Ida steps into the picture, doubts emerge: Undoubtedly, she is beautiful in her own strange way, but is she what Frankie wants? Born dead in a dangerous world, two stowaways of life who cheated death have one shot at making it work. But what if Ida is nobody's bride?

Ok, this remake is worlds different from the original 80s film.

This film is very much written by a feminist and pushing that agenda. The most evident part is the way the ghost of Mary Shelley is presented in this film. This version of the author is a fowl mouthed feminist construction pushing the feminist agenda rather than presenting a more honest representation.

Given the beginning of the film I was actually pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed this film. But besides the warped feminist Mary Shelly, the director actually had a scene at a night club that looked more modern than correct to the 1930s time period. These aspects of the film along with getting “The Message” and social polital propaganda was annoying and kind of took me out of the story. I would have rather they keep the story in the correct time period rather than poluting it with modern images or ideas.

Still, I did find myself getting into the story and feeling for Frank and his bride. I thought Essie Buckley  did a wonderful job as The Bride, aka Ida. As well Christian Bale  did an equally good job as Frankenstein’s Monster.

All in all I thought this remake was ok, but I personally thought it didn’t  live up to The Bride of Frankenstein nor the 80s film, The Bride. This film was marred with modern social political bullshit. Still, it is still watchable and I will recommend this film for Horror fans…

Keep on Creepin’ , Horror Bob’s Blog…