Review: The Death of Robin Hood (2026)
By William Pattison
For Horror Bob’s Blog…
This time I got a historically accurate adaption of the
ending of the legend of Robin Hood…
Grappling with his past after a life of crime and murder,
Robin Hood finds himself gravely injured after a battle he thought would be his
last. In the hands of a mysterious woman, he is offered a chance at salvation.
I found this film interesting, but I found this Robin Hood
to be a fucking blood thirsty asshole, which is the point of the film. Bravo,
the production did its job. This isn’t the film Robin and Marian from the 70s.vThis
is a dark and gritty and historically accurate retelling of the last month of Robin Hood’s
life, or to be accurate one of the six men who took on the persons of the
hooded man. In this case it was he Robin Hood whose real name was Laurance of
Gloskow, the last living one.
Hugh Jackman does a great job making Robin Hood into a blood
thirsty killer who steals and kills both the rich and the poor, even children.
They even have a scene in the film where Robin kills a little girl because of
her bloodline. Yes this is not the version of Robin Hood that you know. In this
movie the legend we know exists but the real man, well this man, is nothing
like the legend. The Merry men are gone. In this version means a bunch of murdering
theives. Little John dies at the beginning and according to Robin Will Scarlett
doesn’t exist, or does he? More importantly no Maid Marian (she is supposed to
have poisoned him out of mercy in thebut it got worse original tstory, but
there there is the head priory nun to
fill that space.
Also, Robin pulls a SHANE with Little John’s daughter.
So, I think you get an idea of how this film is. The first half
of the film is nothing but blood and murder. The other half is drama and
emotion. Surprisingly I enjoyed the second half. The first part just pissed me
off because I’m a huge Robin Hood fan.
But still in the end I found this a very interesting film. I understand what
they were doing with this film and feel they did a good job reconstructing the
time period free of the sugar coating. Therefore I will recommend this film…
Just remember this isn’t by our mother’s Robin Hood…
Keep on Creepin’, Horror Bob’s Blog…