Friday, September 11, 2026

Night of the Linigh Dead Remake(2026)


Review: Night of the Living Dead (2026)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog

This time I got the third remake of the George Romero classic that started the man eating zombie craze.

Let me make it clear that no remake will be as good as the original, but there are aspects of the remakes, well except the 2016 remake, which was a complete cluster fuck. I will speak of it no more. Still the first remake was a really good film, except turning Barbara into a tough assed bitch,  I still love the Tom Savini remake and it actually works better than the original when watching all the other Dead series movies.

What I really like about this film is they managed to add the coffee shop scene and the formation of the militia. I also like the addition of the Romero lookalike reporter “Bill”. I thought that was a real nice homage to the filmmaker and nearly added the new material to the narrative. Also I loved some of the rewriting on the Harry and his family scenes. I actually think it works a lot better than the original. Also I loved the changes to Barbara. I think they made her a stronger character without over doing it, like in the original and the Savini remake.

Now, let’s  talk about what I didn’t  like. I didn’t like them turning Ben into Ellie. What the fuck. You changed the best character into an angry tough black lady. Give me a fucking break. I nearly chocked on my coffee seven years ago when I read about this sex change. This was not nessedary. I’m fine with the actress’ performance, but I still thing Ellie is no Ben. Not because she is a woman but because he was a stronger character and her scene weren’t  even close to being as powerful of either the Ben in the original or the Savini remake. Ben was the hook for the film and without him it feels like something important is missing.

Also what the hell! The scenes with Barbara and her brother at the cemetery is missing and when she finds out he is a zombie happens in the first act? Excuse me. I don’t mind that Barbara escapes the encounter, but those were important scenes and these assholes cut them out? WRONG!!!

Also, where is the gore? This is supposed to be a Romero style zombie film. Romero zombie films are gory, meaning lots of blood, zombies eating flesh. This was cleaner than the original…

All in all this is an ok remake. The Savini remake is better as a whole, but these guys had the best Barbara of the remakes. So, if you want to see the scenes that Romero couldn’t  do? Here you go…

Keep on Creepin’ , Horror Bob’s Blog…