Saturday, September 5, 2026

Review: End of Oak Street (2026)




Review: End of Oak Street (2026)

By William Pattison

For Horror Bob’s Blog

This time I got a Twilight Zone style tale of a neighborhood that gets switched in time to the age of dinosaurs.

Ok, people, think Stephen Spielburg and Rod Sterling made a movie together. This would more than likely be that film.

This film reminds me of the classic Twilight Zone episode, The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. It is exactly the same idea as that 1960s story, but in this case the monsters arrive.

Also, why did I mention our dear Mr Spielburg?, you ask. The music in this film and the opening is an exact Spielburg opening. Think the opening act of Poltergeist. This film opens and presents you all the characters of this film at a street carnival. You learn much about who these people are in that first act before all hell breaks lose and boy does it.

I liked how the handled the time jump. But, I found it annoying how they kept buggering on about it after. Even going so far as making a big deal over a pressure change that causes their ears to pop.

I really hated the bully scene with the big kid trying to beat up one of the main kids, by chasing him on his bike and screaming at him about how he broke his brother’s arm. We end up later in the middle of the dinosaur situation revisiting this crap like the bully could give a shit that they were dealing with blood thirsty dinosaurs.

In this film unfortunately you mostly see Trexes and Veloso Rapters, much like Jurassic Park. You do see a couple of Brontosauruses (Yes, I said DRONTOSAURUSES, not Drekiosaurses…I want a Bronto Burger, like Fred Flinstone, not a Bracio Burger..Fuck that!!!).

All the actors did a wonderful job trying to escape the dinos, mostly Raptors who were going from house to house having an all you can eat human buffet.

Also, I loved that the filmmakers went for a happy Spielburg ending to the film rather than a negative Rod Sterling ending.

All in all I have to say this film is JURASICTACULAR!!!

Keep on Creepin’ , Horror Bob’s Blog…